The FA strives during the next decade to be one of the distiguished and regionally accredited academic institutions as regards education, scientific research and community development in the fields of agriculture and life sciences to face the present and future challenges of sustainable development.
Within the framework of CU mission, the FA is committed to provide graduates capable of competing nationally and regionally in the fields of agriculture and life sciences through offering distiguished programs, activities, and services for learning, scientific research, and community and environment development.
As approved by the Council of the Faculty of Agriculture (CFA), the academic programs aim at providing competent graduates able to:
- Deeply understand the scientific, economic, and managerial basis of producing, manufacturing, and handling agricultural products including field crops, horticultural crops, and animal products.
- Identify the technical and economic problems associated with production systems and attempt to solve them using new techniques and new organizing and managerial approaches.
- Utilize available resources effectively and manage agribusiness profitably.
- Plan, perform, evaluate, discuss, interpret and conclude research work.
- Exhibit effective oral, written and symbolic communication and participate constructively in group discussions.
- Use information and communication technologies (ICT) effectively.
- Exhibit awareness of the relevant legal, ethical and social issues.
- Assess and develop themselves, aquire the necessary professional knowledge and skills through lifelong learning, and exhibit the relevant professional conduct and competences (taking the initiatve, leading others and sharing in team work).
- Realize general approaches to food production, sustainable development, and environment and natural resources conservation.